Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Blood

We are linked by Blood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

[Guide] Sorceress' Secondary Weapons

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Brilliance

Brilliance

[Guide] Sorceress' Secondary Weapons Empty
PostSubject: [Guide] Sorceress' Secondary Weapons   [Guide] Sorceress' Secondary Weapons EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 3:28 pm

Being not able to find a complete and informative guide on the Internet regarding the different secondary weapons for sorceresses, I figured that I should attempt to uncover the differences between them. Smile Look no further, your answers are here!

First off, lets do some statistical comparisons. For this comparison, +9 Level 24 secondary weapons were used.

[Guide] Sorceress' Secondary Weapons Item_s10

As you can see, the crystal ball appears to have an advantage over the voodoo doll and spellbook. It has higher magical damage, higher enhancement growth and lastly, higher critical. In PVE terms, the crystal ball is a good choice as you are able to clear dungeons faster. However, in PVP, magic attack from weapon enhancement doesn't count. This is where Equip Ability comes into play, and this is where the voodoo doll and spellbook outshine the crystal ball.

The spellbook has lowest percentage chance for the [Intellect] Equip Ability to surface, but makes up for it with the highest additional magical damage dealt, along with the longest duration of 6.3 seconds. On the other hand, the crystal ball has the highest percentage of 12.4% for the Equip Ability, but with the lowest additional magical damage dealt, and with the shortest duration of 3.8 seconds. The voodoo doll is somewhere in the middle, a balance between damage, percentage, and duration. To be honest, 3.8 seconds isn't enough for your full set of combos. In fact, it is barely enough to last you 3 spells. In a PVP match, you have got to make use of every opportunity to deal as much damage to your opponent. Given the limited set of skills as of level 24, it makes things even more an uphill task. The higher the resistance reduce, the higher the damage output. No questions asked.

The seemingly superior crystal ball doesn't look that fantastic anymore, does it?

Secondly, secondary attack animation.

Crystal Ball
[Guide] Sorceress' Secondary Weapons Crysta10

Voodoo Doll
[Guide] Sorceress' Secondary Weapons Voodoo10

Spellbook
[Guide] Sorceress' Secondary Weapons Spellb11

For the secondary attack animation, the crystal ball has relatively wide AOE circling effect, which hits mobs(and people) all around you. Likely to occur in PVP? Not really. Most of the time, you'd be faced with opponent(s) facing you from a single direction. In such scenarios, this attack animation isn't helpful at all. This further illustrates my point that the crystal ball is a PVE tool. The voodoo doll has a forward-lunging creature appearing from the ground, which strikes the area in front of you. Unknown to most, you are able to hit knocked down targets when the secondary attack appears from the ground, which prolongs his knocked-down time. I personally discovered this unintentionally while PVP-ing. However, one negative point is that it takes time for the strike to travel. Lastly, the spellbook has the least fancy animation and also the shortest range. However, the range issue is compensated with uber fast speed and precision. With just a swing of the book, enemies directly in front of you are hit. This is one area which its counterparts lack. Good for fending off pesky Sword-masters (like xMyst0gan) and Mercenaries.

Having did the comparisons between the three secondary weapons, I can safely say that there isn't any outright winner. One man's meat is another man's poison. Some might hate the the voodoo doll's animation, but I find it difficult to phrase in words the amount of liking I have for it. Having said that, there are people out there who refuse to use a secondary weapon other than a crystal ball, due to the superiority in damage. Not only that, they insist that the crystal ball's secondary attack animation is the best.

In my opinion, there is no "best". You have got to weigh your objectives and from there, determine which is the most suitable for you. No doubt, clearing dungeons faster might allow you to farm faster, but if you are juggling between dungeons and PVE, you could explore choices other than the crystal ball.

In conclusion, the crystal ball is more PVE inclined, the spellbook is more suited for PVP, and the voodoo doll is somewhere in between. But for a rather regular PVP-er like me, I'd go for either a spellbook or voodoo doll. Right now, I am using a voodoo dollspellbook, and I have yet to come across any major problems. I might be using a spellbook/voodoo doll when the level 32 items are released, but highly unlikely a crystal ball. Alright, that's all I have. Hope you've learnt something new from my guide! Smile

Last edited by Brilliance on Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:55 pm; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down
ResidentEvil

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Sorceress' Secondary Weapons   [Guide] Sorceress' Secondary Weapons EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 3:38 pm

another sohai guide
Back to top Go down
Brilliance

Brilliance

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Sorceress' Secondary Weapons   [Guide] Sorceress' Secondary Weapons EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 3:55 pm

LOL xMyst0gan strikes again. But this time, I struck first. Smile
Back to top Go down
Blood
Admin
Blood

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Sorceress' Secondary Weapons   [Guide] Sorceress' Secondary Weapons EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 6:30 pm

Nice, i hope this guides by Brillance will be referenced in other forums! =]
Back to top Go down
Wings
Wings

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Sorceress' Secondary Weapons   [Guide] Sorceress' Secondary Weapons EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 8:03 pm

nice guide here.. but theres something i like to point out about the ballssss.. =p

thinking that crystal ball might not be an advantage in pvp may be true.. but it still depends on ur playing style..

after so much 1v1 done, i realised that by blinking or teleporting with sufficient accuracy, u can land ur self in places where by ur directly behind ur opponent..

with crystal ball, u can drop ur opponent even with ur back facing ur opponent as u shld know by now that crystal balls hits ard u in close range.. =)

which may be crucial at some time for u to link up ur combos..

therefore.. well it still depends on how u play and ur style.. heee
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Sorceress' Secondary Weapons   [Guide] Sorceress' Secondary Weapons Empty

Back to top Go down

[Guide] Sorceress' Secondary Weapons
Page 1 of 1